You and Bob both mentioned eating the bird in the first shot. Horrors! ;-) She is one of a flock of 20-30 wild turkeys that live in the neighborhood. They often roost in the tree beside the house, sometimes in trees across the river. My father-in-law puts out corn for them (and the possums and raccoons and any other visitors) and they are something like family "pets". When I walk out into the yard they retreat a few feet, but don't go too far 'cause they think I might be bearing corn... I have suggested the idea of having one in for dinner, but nobody wants to take on the job of killing/cleaning the bird. I helped in that process as a kid and don't feel the need to repeat it.

stan