Hello Allison,

I'll chime in - I shoot a fair number of weddings.  If this wedding
will pay for the lens, you will have much more opportunity to shoot
the 50 at the wedding, as opposed to the fisheye.  If you will be
getting the lens after the wedding, then much more difficult decision.

During my film shooting days, I had the 17-28 fisheye zoom (much like
the 10-17 fisheye zoom now.  I found it very fun to shoot with, but
after awhile, it got a little old.  The 50 would be used over and
over and over again.  So I recommend the 50 at this time, if you
can't get both.

--
Best regards,
Bruce

AT> So thanks for the help with the email/posting thing. The weird thing
AT> is that the first posts I sent were by clicking on the link at the
AT> beginning of the digests, but none of them went through...but when I
AT> hit reply it works...go figure. I am going to try customizing the
AT> toolbar, just to make it easier.

AT> As for as choosing a lens...well, now I just want both if course ;o) I
AT> did see that the 55 1.4 is up on adorama for pre-order, so fear of not
AT> being able to get the 50 may drive me to buy that lens first.
AT> Hopefully, another used fishy will appear in a few months once my
AT> photo funds are replenished. I'll keep checking places like KEH and
AT> the pentax forums. I have just been wishing for the fisheye for 2
AT> years now, but hey, the best things come to those who wait...

AT> Allison

>> Message: 5
>> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:17:02 -0500
>> From: Jim King <jamesk8...@mac.com>
>> Subject: Re: Test and Fisheye
>> To: pdml@pdml.net
>>
>> Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote on Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:43:02 -0800
>>
>>> (snip)
>>> You don't need to select all. Command-Shift-T changes the editing
>>> window's operating mode such that anything sent will be sent as a
>>> plain text message.
>>> It's a toggle, btw: it cycles an editing window's mode back and
>>> forth between Rich Text and Plain Text modes. A simple thing to do
>>> if you use both kinds of mail messages is to use the "View-
>>> toggle button to the editing window's toolbar. That way you can see
>>> at a glance whether a message you are editing is Rich or Plain Text.
>>
>> Thanks for the tip, Godfrey!  I wasn't aware that I could modify the
>> Editing Window toolbar as well as the Viewer Window toolbar.
>>
>> Yet another reason to read those OT posts here at PDML...
>>
>> Regards, Jim

AT> --
AT> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
AT> PDML@pdml.net