When I was doing those Nimh tsts I also mesured the
amperage of the cells, the best alkaline battery testd
at 1.6V 40~50 ma, a 1600 mah nimh battery was 1.3v
130-140 ma, now remember your puttting 4 of these in a
fg battery pack, so 4 regular or rechargable alkalines
will provide 160-200 ma to the camera, now 4 nimh or
nicads are powering 560 ma to the camera, if they
built it to be powered by a higher voltage lower
amperage source and you double/triple the apmerage it
is only a matter of time before you burn something in
it. No rechargables in my MZ-3, the flashes can use
them all they want, since I change the AA's in the
MZ-3 every 3 months but the flahses nightly