"No Way" may be correct. However, the relative voltages my not be the
issue here.  Of more interest at high duty cycles/loads or in case of
component failure maybe "short circuit" current capability, which
relates to the internal resistance of the different types of battery
cells under high load conditions.

Any one know out there happen to have info on the relative "short
circuit" characteristics of  NiCd, NiMH, Alkaline, Lithium etc. cells?
Cold there be circumstances where one or more of these sources delivers
more current than some older designs provided for?

Otis Wright