"Otis Wright, Jr." Wrote:
>Any one know out there happen to have info on the relative "short
>circuit" characteristics of  NiCd, NiMH, Alkaline, Lithium etc. cells?
>Cold there be circumstances where one or more of these sources delivers
>more current than some older designs provided for?

        I can't speak to theoretical stuff like this, but I can speak practically.
>From past experience, I know that ordinary flashlights burn brighter with
NiCad cells than with fresh alkaline cells.  Flashlights are not running
near the maximum current limit of the cells, but the internal resistance of
the cell is a significant part of the power calculation for them.
        Things like motors tend to run a lot closer to the current limit of the
cell when starting.  While this may not be much of a problem for the motor
itself, the control circuitry may not be able to handle the extra current
without overheating.
        However, all this aside, I find it unlikely that the designers of the
camera went so far as to use bench power supplies that emulated the internal
resistance of a battery.  Since a bench power supply can source tons more
current than a typical small battery cell, there probably is a safe voltage
at which the camera can be run no matter tha battery technology.  No?

later,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED])