Ken, Thanks for the info. I'm using CS2 and see the same dialog box. I guess my questions essentially boil down to the understanding the best settings to use in the CS2 dialog box. Obviously, 2048x3072 is the best resolution, since it's the highest. But what about 8 vs 16 bits/channel? Does the PhotoCD format really include more than 8 bits per channel, or am I just wasting disk space? How about the best color space? stuff like that.... After poking around and only finding a little bit of information on the web about PhotoCD, it's easy to see why Kodak has failed as a company that drives imaging. With PhotoCD, their attitude seemed to be, "Let us take care of it; don't ask how it works, just pay us; trust us, it'll be good." The imaging world treated their approach as damage and routed around it. --Mark

Ken Waller wrote:

Mark , I'm using CS2 and can open Photo CD images (slides) over 11 years old. The open PhotoCD dialog box lets me choose - 'Pixel size' from 64X96 up to 2048X3072, Film profiles (I use 4050 E-6 V3.4), Resolutions from 72 PPI up to 550 PPI, RGB in 8 or 16 bits/channel & LAB in 8 or 16 bits/channel.