On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Levente -Levi- Littvay wrote:

> What does everyone think about adding a [pentax] to the subject
> of each letter so it is easier to filter (both with machine and both by
> eyeballing the mailbox)

Completely unnecessary.

> My understanding is that it is a modest change that is fairly easy.  It
> would help me a lot...

You use Outlook which, despite its many shortcomings, does have a
relatively decent set of filters.  I think they're called Rules in
Outlook.

Check under the Action menu when you open an email from the PDML.  There
should be an option for creating a rule.  You can either follow the
prompts if they feel sensible or wing it, but what you want to end up with
is a rule which filters everything from [EMAIL PROTECTED] into a
separate folder.  *ALL* mail from the PDML will have the same To: address
or the same Reply-to: address.  Use these to filter it.

Really, you should learn to use rules of this kind to filter as much of
your email as possible, especially if much of it is routine 'general
office info'.  In my last company, I had a set of rules which put all the
'sent to everyone' stuff in one folder, the virus alerts in another,
anything sent from personal friends in a third, the corporate newsletter
in another, etc, and only stuff sent specifically to me landed in my
inbox.

This cuts down on the interruptions due to email tremendously, as you know
that the only things which are for your explicit and personal attention
are those things which are either from your friends or those things which
are for you personally.  Your mail-thingy goes "You've got mail!" and you
can just flick to it with alt-tab and see if it's just routine stuff or
sent to you personally.

dave