2009/2/14 Jostein @AlunFoto wrote a wish list:

Jostein: You have obviously been giving your Wish List a lot of thought.

And I find you really reflect my limited experience with the K10/K20 group.
Versus Nikon: Yes it is quieter. Yes it is smaller. Which is nice. But we're Still Guys. We Want More Speed! More fps Speed is Good. As for 5 fps -- Why not go a little faster? After all, the LX was capable of 5 fps, and that was -- gulp -- 30 years ago. Haven't we made any speed advancements in a generation? Don't even have to flap that mirror -- certainly if a splitter can work for the light meter, a splitter feed to the finder, even very dim, just usable, would be acceptable while burning up the Pixels at some prodigious rate. Yes -- better storage in the BG -- and while we're at it, put a place to hold the viewfinder blind! And the flash cap! [They used to provide parking places on the neck-straps -- I know: I've got some Now old -- Once New Pentax cameras.] Who hasn't misplaced those little items? Don't even need to be waterproof. Just storage. And space for more SD cards -- that can be quickly accessed. And is marked -- Used -- or Ready. [That could be on the neck-strap too, like the old velcro'd film holders we all had / Have.] As for the SSD drive --- hm? My experience with drives, from the torpid 30 meg drive on my first IBM XT, has been that they are great when they work, yet failure is past catastrophic. But, perhaps the MTBF can be pushed out so far as to make that palatable.

Haven't done much long-exposure stuff, (my longest being 30 seconds), but if you want to expand the features to longer exposures -- do we need a more sensitive meter -- like the LX's going down to an EV of -6, or better? (K20D is 0-19. LX was -6.5 to 20) Or a meter capable of reading off the actual media (CCD -- or whatever comes next) -- like the LX's so when things change during that 5 minute exposure, we're not left holding the proverbial bag. Don't tell me it why that can't be done. I've heard we put a coupla guys on the moon a while back.
(Hm.  I keep going back to the LX as a benchmark.  What's up with that?)

You have set forth a great outline. Great thoughts. Hope Pentax Japan reads our list.

Now -- if we could just get the guys in Japan to give us two things: 1) Quality control on DA* Lenses! 2) Some Fast Big 'n Long Glass, starting with the 60-250 they promised so long ago. Then a FAST 300, a Fast 400, a Fast 500. That would be in effect a 750 on our sensor. WoW! Those Babies would durn sure shut up the Nikon Guys at our little High School Rasslin' Matches. And start up some interesting conversations when us country boys go to Capital City to take pictures at the Zoo and rubber-neck around Downtown.

Just some thoughts from a guy who can't take good pictures, but loves to buy the gear and takes snap shots that amuse me.

Galloway, partially delurked Pentaxian.