frank theriault wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Christine  Aguila
<cagu...@earthlink.net> wrote:
Hi Everyone:

1)  The point of this exercise was to shoot closer & engage with people
more, which really doesn't come naturally to me.  For the bit of street
stuff I've done, I have used the DA* 50 - 135mm, which obviously allows for
greater distance between the camera & subject--as you know--sorry about
stating the obvious here :-).  I found shoot close really hard at first--and
I was so nervous, but folks who were out and about today were cheerful &
very willing.  This helped.

2)  There's a bit of irony to this shoot:  I had to kill 2 hours on the
street because I had to wait for new prescription lenses to be mounted on my
eye glass frames, which left me with no glasses!  It was really
disconcerting to shoot without glasses.  Thank the gods for autofocus :-).
My distance vision is not what it used to be, but it's not that bad, but if
I had had to manual focus, there's no way I would have hit the focus.

http://faculty.ccc.edu/caguila/Shooting%20Closer%20Street%20Portraits/index.html

Comments/critique welcome.

Brilliant stuff!

I especially enjoyed the lady with the cigarette in the cigarette
holder and the guy with the trojan horse.

I like to do both candids and posed stuff (as the situation requires)
on the street.  In fact I used to a lot more stealthy stuff and lately
I've been working on my street portraits.  I really like yours!

cheers,
frank

I need a new Toronto map!

I've been there several times, and have never run across a GESO Steet!
Whereabouts IS it?

keith