Fred wrote:

> A rather apt defense of equipment freaks like me.

Here, here, Fred. Thanks for your astute observations regarding the
nature of the Pentax photographer/collector/equipment freak,. However, a
discussion of M 50/2 serial numbers might be a bit broad and could have
some inherent value to those dreadful image makers <grin>. Perhaps we
might instead begin recording the sounds of the various shutters,
winders, motor drives, and other Pentax devices. Then we could assemble
an MP3 library of Pentax sounds. The true aficionados could download
these and study them. This might lead to a lot of worthwhile discussion
that would be totally meaningless to those who just have to get the
damned job don.
Happy Friday,
Paul