----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"
Subject: RE: 6x7 LENSES

> 150 is too short for ports IMHO. That equiv to a 75 mm lens
> in 35mm. 200 would be much better and possibly even 300.
> JCO

Depends, believe it or not, on whether you use a prism finder or
not. The 6x7 prism crops a full card size off the viewscreen. I
find I need to use an E or F crop card to match the finder view.
even though the 6x7 neg is a G crop.
I don't own a lens longer that 135mm, so that is the one I use
for portraits, and it does very well for me.
The 150, 165 and 200 mm lenses don't focus closely enough for a
tight head and shoulders portrait on their own, so a set of
extension tubes is needed to do really tight work with the
longer lenses.
I have used all three of the lenses mentioned, and I found the
165 to be really nice, though it wanted a #1 tube, and the 200
to be just a wee bit on the long side for the room I was in (I
had about 20 feet from the subject). The 150mm is fine for
portraiture, it is long enough that there is no camelling.
William Robb