          4. 600mm 5. 200mm 6. 300mm The 45, 105, 600 and 200 are very
similar in sharpness while the 75 is noticeably better and the 300 is
noticeably worse. SR

          -- Steve Rasmussen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), August 23, 1998

William Robb wrote:

> Actually, Paul, the old 75mm f/4.5 is the other Bow-Wow Takumar.
> I know, I have one.
> William Robb
> -

Which just goes to prove one can't believe everything one reads on the
internet. The following is from a review of lens sharpness at
http://greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0008fN

"Here is my opinion of the sharpness of the lenses I use, in sequential
order. All lenses are compared by using their best f-stop. Listing is
from sharpest to least sharp. 1. 75mm 2. 45mm 3. 105mm
          4. 600mm 5. 200mm 6. 300mm The 45, 105, 600 and 200 are very
similar in sharpness while the 75 is noticably better and the 300 is
noticeably worse. " SR

          -- Steve Rasmussen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), August 23, 1998

I'm going to go with your opinion on this one Bill and avoid the old 75.
I've had one bookmarked on ebay, but this too shall pass <g>
Paul