On Feb 24, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:

On Feb 24, 2009, at 13:45, John Francis wrote:
Hmm. I got my K10D only a little over two years ago (in December 2006).
While I didn't get one as soon as they were released I'm pretty sure
that the K10D didn't last noticeably longer than the KM before being
superceded by the K20D.

K20D announced 23-Jan-2008
K10D announced 13-Sep-2006

16-month gap between ANNOUNCEMENTS anyways.

That's pretty brief - but maybe not in "digital" terms!

It's a different era. Camera bodies today are not 10 year purchases. They *could* be, certainly there are a number of 2003 DSLR cameras that will hit 10 and keep on going and being useful, but we're in a transition phase in the industry. The pace of change is still pretty fierce.

Godfrey