Hi, Tom,

You're right (again).  I confused collectors with investors.  I feel great
shame.

The true collector (which I'm sure would include anyone on this list that
collects cameras - whatever their values, vintages and capabilities) loves that
which he or she collects.  If usable, they will be used - at least once in a
while, just to prove that they are still worthy cameras.  Of course there will
be those cameras that are simply not to be used, due to great
age/fragility/value.

An investor wouldn't care if he's collecting cameras, cars or Haitian Voodoo
masks.  He doesn't acquire them to enjoy, he seeks profit, and will dispose of
the items when such profits are maximized (or at least when he hopes they are).

Thanks for setting me straight.

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert