eactiv...@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 3/3/2009 10:43:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, knarftheria...@gmail.com writes:
As is it just doesn't  quite come together.  This is an "almost but it
just isn't there" type  of photo for me.

cheers,
frank

What he said. I also find the big white splotch behind her to the right (the white that looks blown out --- sort of cartoon fish shaped) way too distracting.

I guess you mean the bright window. I was tempted to spend some time with mask layers and curves to bring that under control, but my PS skillz are lacking when it comes to working near OOF boundaries (ie unsharp, graduated transitions). I figured I'd just manage to turn it into a Photoshop Disaster so I left it. But you're right, sigh.

Think you ought to keep trying, though -- always nice to push our personal boundaries.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Hah! Just try and stop me! With an appearance in the PDML Photo Annual under my belt, I'm on my way to the big times now. :-)

Thanks for studying it, Marnie!

-bmw