Speaking of books, which this group seems to do a lot, I recently
picked up "Light, science and magic", which I'm really enjoying. Most
of the books on lighting that I've read are pretty much cookbooks, but
this one seems to do a much better job of explaining the principles.

Also, this weekend I'll be picking up lightroom 2. If you know anyone
that works at adobe, their employee discounts are amazing, basically
10% of list price. To learn lightroom, I picked up Scott Kelby's book
which has a lot to recommend it, but reading another book of him would
drive me insane.

In order to learn the deltas between lightroom 1 and 2, and perhaps to
actually learn the things I haven't picked up after reading the first
book, I'd like to get a book on LR 2. I'd much prefer the style of
"Light, Science and Magic" where they explain the principles and how
to apply them rather than Kelby's "pay no attention to the man behind
the curtain while I tell you a joke"

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.