-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of aimcompute
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 8:30 PM
To: Pentax Discuss
Subject: Cover Shot

I got an e-mail yesterday from Idaho Magazine.  They have decided to use one
of my shots for the January cover.  The one they chose is:

http://www.peaceoflight.com/WinterSports/GirlBlueSled.htm

There were several that I thought were good candidates.  This was one of
them.

I hand delivered it today. However I was a dufus.  When I was asked to
deliver the shot at 125% the web-image size and at 300dpi, I was thinking
web, not print, and sized the image like I was doing it for the PUG.  So
like a dork I resized my original Photoshop scan to 750 pixels high and
300dpi.  So when the art director opened it he said "Uh, I think this is
going to be a little small".  I rescanned and sent him the right size.

I had asked him whether he preferred to do sharpening and contrast
adjustments with the raw scans or whether I should do it.  He said "When
amateurs bring me photos I have to scan, I'll have to do that. But with
professionals like yourself I would just as soon you do it since it will
save me time."

The reference to me as a professional made me giggle inside.

Tom C.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com