> Found three fascinating video clips about a young man Carl Størmer who
> photographed young girls and celebrities with a hidden camera at the
> streets of Oslo in 1893-96. For some obscure reason he ended his
> street photography after 3 years.
> The camera he used had a disk of six circular frames. He his it under
> his vest, and often approached his "victim" with a smile.
>
> The third clip shows a gost like image of author Henrik Ibsen. Carl
> Størmer must have been very fasinated by Ibsen, he is the subject in
> eight pictures.
>
> http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/03/19/magasinet/dokumentar/fotogr
> afi/film/ibsen/5351234/
> There are three film clips here. Hopefully you will be able to find
> them at this norwegian page.
> The red rectangle in ULH shows the clips into full screen.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! What a fantastic set of pictures and a
great insight into people of the time. The streets look wonderful without
cars and all the street furniture and related crap and detritus that
accompanies them. This is one of the things that always strikes me about old
photos - how much we've sacrificed to the internal combustion god.

Bob