Bob W wrote:

I think I'd trade that. Cars pollute far more than horses

do, and at least

horse-shit helps the roses. Cars also pollute visually

because of the

Hmmmm. In the late 1980s, one of the London hospitals was having problems with corrosion of the cast iron pillars supporting the building, sited under what had been the main entrance. Analysis of the corroding fluid showed that its main constituent was horse urine......

I imagine the last horse to piss on the pillars probably did so around the
time of WW1, so 70 years for it to take effect doesn't sound bad to me,
considering they must have been pissing on them for 30-50 years before that.

If not longer. There was a huge reservoir of the stuff in the ground, that was seeping out and rotting the fabric of the building. The effects of horse (or, indeed, any other organism in high quantity) effluvium are not totally beneficial.

The real problem is too many humans and who is going to grasp that particular nettle?