In a message dated 3/19/2009 5:57:41 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
maritim...@gmail.com writes:
Found three fascinating  video clips about a young man Carl Størmer who
photographed young girls and  celebrities with a hidden camera at the
streets of Oslo in 1893-96. For some  obscure reason he ended his
street photography after 3 years.
The camera  he used had a disk of six circular frames. He his it under
his vest, and  often approached his "victim" with a smile.

The third clip shows a gost  like image of author Henrik Ibsen. Carl
Størmer must have been very fasinated  by Ibsen, he is the subject in
eight  pictures.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/03/19/magasinet/dokumentar/fotografi/film/ibsen/5
351234/
There  are three film clips here. Hopefully you will be able to find
them at this  norwegian page.
The red rectangle in ULH shows the clips into full  screen.

--
MaritimTim

This was very  interesting, thanks for sharing. What he used was so weird
looking, sort of an  old-fashioned P&S that I wonder if all the people he
approached KNEW it was  a camera. Most look like they did, but still I wonder.

Street  photography, obviously, goes waaaaay back.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make meals for Under
$10. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002)