Thank you for the link.  I finally had some time to look at it.
The one thing I found interesting was the fact that it was just street scenes. Not all photography has to be of some big event or some monumental scene or moment. These types of shots provides information to the present time as to what people looked like when they took to the streets. I know that 'culturally' while I was growing up we had clothes that we wore at home and what we wore when we went 'out' of the house. It came from when my parents grew up. You dressed 'up' to go to the 'city' to hide your 'lower' economic status. I recall having to 'dress up' while traveling on a plane. It shocked me the first time I saw my father board a plane without a tie and suit.
These types of shots shows the world as it was.
I often liked going to the Leica Gallery in NYC for that very reason. The shots may not have been the sharpest, but they were a snapshot of the world as it truly was...

César
Panama City, Florida

Tim Øsleby wrote:
Found three fascinating video clips about a young man Carl Størmer who
photographed young girls and celebrities with a hidden camera at the
streets of Oslo in 1893-96. For some obscure reason he ended his
street photography after 3 years.
The camera he used had a disk of six circular frames. He his it under
his vest, and often approached his "victim" with a smile.

The third clip shows a gost like image of author Henrik Ibsen. Carl
Størmer must have been very fasinated by Ibsen, he is the subject in
eight pictures.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/03/19/magasinet/dokumentar/fotografi/film/ibsen/5351234/
There are three film clips here. Hopefully you will be able to find
them at this norwegian page.
The red rectangle in ULH shows the clips into full screen.