Stan Halpin wrote:
Re-visiting a topic that has been discussed off and on before on the list...

In 3 weeks or so I will be going to Rome with my wife for a short week. (5.5 days on the ground.) I am trying to decide what camera gear to take with me.

My standard two-lens kit is the DA*16-50 and the Sigma 180/3.5 macro. I find it surprisingly easy to work around the big gap between 50mmm and 180mm. Of course, I like shooting plant and insect macros, so you may not need the 1:1 macro capability. Given your available lenses the 50-135 makes a good match.

When I add a third lens it's the 77 Ltd. and you may find that a good supplement to this kit, or even a replacement for one of the other two lenses if size/weight/obtrusiveness is a consideration.