On Mar 22, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Scott Loveless wrote:

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Doug Brewer <d...@alphoto.com> wrote:
Stan Halpin wrote:

Re-visiting a topic that has been discussed off and on before on the
list...<snippage>

Be a man. One camera, one lens. K20D and FA35/2.

you know you want to.

I do believe that sounds like a dare.

;-)

If I restricted myself to just one body, one lens, it would be a toss up between the DA21 or FA43 in Pentax gear.

On my trip in 2006, I had the 21, 35 and 77 (Pentax *ist DS) with me for three weeks shooting. Of the couple thousand exposures I made, 60% were made with the DA21, 30% with the FA35, 10% with the FA77.

On my trip in 2008, I had the 11-22, 25 (both 2.8 and 1.4), and 35 lenses with me (Panasonic L1). Of the couple of thousand exposures I made, 57% were made with the 25mm lenses, 32% with the 11-22mm, and 10% with the 35mm. (The equivalences for these lenses in Pentax DSLR terms would be 14-30, 35, and 45 mm, approximately.)

From that I think my eye wants a slightly longer focal length on average now, and the lens speed. I'd want the FA43 for a one lens package.

Godfrey