On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your forehead can survive lots, but not an 80g crash into the bar at
> the top of the windshield.  Race car drivers wear helmets and that's
> why I'm happy with my side airbags.  Seatbelts will keep your butt in
> place, but not your head.  When my brain's gone, just send me to the
> organ harvesters.
> Regards,  Bob S.

Shoulder belts will keep your head from hitting the top of the
windshield.  In fact I'd advocate 5 point belts for consumer use.  Or
at least 4 point belts.  With everything else they can figure out
these days, I'm sure they could arrange belts over each shoulder that
would be neither cumbersome nor inconvenient.

As my father would have said, "If they can send a man to the moon..."

;-)

cheers,
frank