John Mullan wrote:
Race car drivers wear a multipoint harness including an anti-submarine strap, and are strapped down tight. You would never put up with their harness in a street car, let alone being strapped down as tight as they are. In addition they are in a helmet, and many now are using a head and neck restraint device to keep the head from whipping around ontop of the spine.

Yep. I'd feel safer in a street car with all that gear, as well as a majorly strengthened roof support. But I participate in amateur road course racing, so I'm used to all the gear and the restraints. Most people aren't, and cops tend to overreact to a guy in a helmet in a street car, never mind the other gear. ;-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)