On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godd...@mac.com> wrote:
> Plus-X and Tri-X do well too, but compared to TMax 100/400 or Delta 100/400
> they simply don't compete on grain structure and tonal differentiation. They
> also don't push anywhere near as well.

I'm more likely to pull my film and prefer the look of "traditional"
film to T-grain film or whatever it's called.

> TMax 100 took me about 20 rolls to understand how to expose and process it
> properly. Before that I thought it was crap. Once I 'got' it, it does better
> than nearly anything else other than Agfapan APX25. A truly remarkable film.

While I prefer older style emulsions, I won't complain about TMax.  It
most definitely does handle tonal differentiation quite nicely.  I
just hate what it does to my fixer.  :)

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008