On 28 Dec 2001 at 5:05, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> I noticed on Boz's site that the A50/1.2 weighs less than the K50/1.2.
> I recently received both models of this lens, and after weighing them on
> an accurate and calibrated scale, it was clear that the A lens weighed
> less by (if I recall) 1.6 ounces.  That's a big difference for what
> otherwise are identical lenses.
>
> I'm curious to know where the weight went.  My initial guess is that the
> A lens contains more plastic.

My A50f1.2 weighs 353gm and my K50f1.2 (later version) weighs 391gm, it is a
fair difference, but I can assure you that the difference isn't plastic. I have
also had my A series lens in bits and there ain't no plastic in there, maybe
it's just a better mechanical design using lighter alloys :-)

Cheers,
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110