Sir,

MY "burden of proof" is no greater than yours.
If you cant provide any reliable "proof"
that my contention is not true, then
your word is no better than mine. I dont need
any more "proof" to support my contention than
you need to support yours.

This is very simple. DOF is all about magnfication
and f-stop.

I did supply the formula,

relative DOF =  F-stop number/MAGNIFICATION.

INCREASING F-STOP NUMBER OR DECREASING IMAGE MAGINIFICATION
increases the image relative DOF.

Conversely,

DECREASING THE F-STOP NUMBER OR INCREASING THE
MAGNIFICATION  decreases the image relative DOF.

If you dont believe me, do some experiments.
I have, its called about 35 years of practical
experience to back up what I have read in theory.
This isn't my theory, this is the correct theory
that I have read and found to be true over the years.

JC O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net