Hi,

there is quite an interesting web site here which gives an overview of
the use of geometry in art:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/math5.geometry/

This section has a brief discussion of frame shapes and a couple
of examples of square framing from classical art:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/math5.geometry/unit12/unit12.html

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]