I have not yet used the high speed sync mode (HSS) and skipped over that
area when reading the manual.  However, my question is why is it
important for the usage you have described?  It would seem to me that
HSS would only be used where the ambient light is your main light source
and the flash is used only for fill, but in the application you suggest
would not the flash be the main light source.  In that application it is
the flash duration (speed) not your shutter speed that will freeze the
action and the limitations would be the power, or reach of your flash
and not the shutter speed of the camera.

Now, I don't shoot sports so there may be considerations of which I am
unaware, but if I were you, I would be looking for a more powerful flash
than the AF360-FGZ, not higher sync speeds.  Alternatively, or perhaps
in any event, you may use a relatively high speed film, say ASA 800,
that would provide additional reach and likely provide adequate
backround exposure, so the stadium's large area does not black out your
backround where the flash does not reach.

Cheers, Mike.