----- Original Message ----- From: "Graydon"
Subject: Re: OT Opinions needed

The only person I've ever actually *met* from Saskatchewan (that I knew
about) was almost oppressively cultured, in a Shakespeare-quoting,
cello-playing sort of way.

Sounds like Neil Slater.
I assure you the only thing about me that is cultured is sitting forgotten in my fridge.

Is there really -- or were the road atlas makers laying traps for
illicit map copiers -- a town of Pheasant Rump?

http://www.sicc.sk.ca/bands/bpheas.html

I was in a hurry, and
in a moving van, the one time I passed through, so I could neither stop
and revel in the miles of bird marsh by the Trans-Canada (a shock to
someone required to read various Depression-era novels, where "dry" and
"flat" compete for emphasis) nor deke off the road to check for possibly
mythical towns.

You must have been driving past that huge shallow marsh that runs from west of Chaplin almost to Gull Lake. I'm not sure how they are keeping that full, I suspect someone stuck a shovel into a creek somewhere and that lake is the result.

William Robb