With my K20 I can now shoot dancing in cases where I couldn't before.

Last night I tried using a monopod, rather than just hand holding the
camera and while I expected it to make a difference, it made a much
bigger difference than I expected.

I've got a couple of decent monopods, but they're too big to
conveniently fit in my backpack. The only one that San Jose camera has
that collapses to under 17" is $250, a bit beyond my budget right now.

I'm looking for recommendations on a monopod, preferably under $50,
that'll fit in my backpack. I'm happy to buy a used one if someone has
one that is sitting around collecting dust.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.