William Robb wrote:

>I read somewhere that the reason for the really long delay on this lens was
>caused by a complete redesign of the optical formula to allow for full frame
>coverage. The 55/1.4 also covers the 24x36 format.
>I'm just guessing here, but I expect Pentax knows that whether they go
>willingly or kicking and screaming, full frame is the future.

True. But, just like Nikon, they'll need to public ally deny it for as
long as possible or people will put off purchases of APS-C cameras
while waiting for full-frame magic (fantasizing that full-frame is
going to be possible at an APS-C price). I'd expect Pentax will get
full-frame right around the time it's feasible at/under the $2000 USD
price point. I can wait.