I got curious and went out in the parking lot
and snapped this one today handheld with the A70-210mm/4 on digital
(istDS).
I think I was around 180mm and F8 on this.

http://www.jchriso.com/temp/A70-210CAR.jpg

Not a critial test but based on this and some others I shot, I can see
no flaring problems, no distortion
or CA corrections needed at all, good color saturation, exc shadow
detail. etc. As for
sharpness it may be not quite as good as my SP tamron 80-200/2.8 but I
would
want to shoot both to compare and with tripod to be sure. Bottom line,
nothing
so far that definately disqualifies it for digital use. I didnt
see any purple fringing so far with this as others have noted, but this
needs
more testing. Overall I can say that the A70-210 is at least a very good
lens on APS digital, possibly better than that with more testing
confirmation
against other zooms and primes I have on hand.

JC O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom" - Thomas Jefferson