From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Joseph
McAllister [pentax...@mac.com]
Sent: 11 May 2009 22:42
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - Wagtail

This may have been touched on before, but I don't remember it, and I'd
like to know.

Do the DSLR cameras know when you are using the AF 1.7x teleconverter?
Or any teleconverter, for that matter? So when you slap a construct on
the camera, do you tell it (for shake reduction info) the focal length
of the lens, or the focal length of the combination?

My A* 300mm ƒ4.0 with the AF 1.7x.     300mm? or 425mm?

Joe

On May 11, 2009, at 10:42 , Tim Øsleby wrote:

> Focus wise the F 1,7 does a good job with my DA* 300. It's locks fast,
> sometimes faster than the DA* 300 alone. I was refering to image
> quality when saying it didn't seem tp like other lenses. But fringing
> or abrivation or whatever it is, is unaceptable. steping down at least
> two steps, more in high contrast situations is needed

If it doesn’t excite you,
This thing that you see,
Why in the world,
Would it excite me?