If, as you suggest, it's anything implemented in software, then I'm
not going to worry about it one whit - that's what Photoshop is for.
The only in-camera processing I use (apart from ISO variations) is
JPEG conversion (RAW+JPEG or just plain JPEG output for happy-snaps).

While I did notice, just the other day, that my every day kit is all
stuff that's at most 2 1/2 years old, and that my most-used lenses
are DAs (mostly 16-50 and 50-135), I've got a good number of older
lenses that come out occasionally.  There's no way I'm going to
replace all of those, no matter how useful the feature may be.