I doubt if the IQ will be much, if any, better than the K20D.
But, equally, I doubt if a K30D coming later this year will
offer noticeably better IQ than the K-7; doing that would be
guaranteed to piss off people who pay 2x the price of a K30D.

If a K30D shows up I'd expect it to get the new AF & metering,
plus the other in-camera processing stuff, and probably live
view, all in a cheaper package (probably BG-2 compatible).
I'm not sure it would get the new 4-channel sensor or the
higher top shutter speed; there needs to be differentiation
between the expensive model (the K-7) and the midrange,
which is where I expect any K30D to be positioned.

Waiting for a K30D in any expectation of it in some way
surpassing the K-7 doesn't sound like a good plan to me.