So - what are the perceived strengths & weaknesses?

Strengths, as I see them:
o  Metal body shell
o  4-channel sensor readout (faster; lower noise)
o  High-ISO performance  (I've only got a K10D ..)
o  100% viewfinder (0.92X)
o  1/8000 top speed
o  5+ fps, 14-frame buffer (40 frame for JPEG)
o  More dedicated controls
o  3" 640x480 rear screen
o  Multi-Pattern metering (assuming the firmware is good)
o  Faster, more accurate AF (ditto)
o  Battery Grip can accept AAs.

Weakness:
o  Only 1/180 flash sync?  The Pz-1p managed 1/250.
o  Doesn't (apparently) share batteries with the K10D

Don't care:
o  Live View
o  Low-temperature operation (how do the batteries do?)
o  Movie mode (only 720p, though)
o  In-camera image manipulation (including HDR)

I hate to say it, but *YAWN*... Just about every improvement to this camera over the K20D that I can see is due to the 720p HD video capability. Faster sensor readout, larger and higher resolution rear screen, faster AF, better (possibly dual?) batteries, etc. I think still cameras and video cameras have requirements different enough to have different form factors, so it's a square-peg trying to fit into a round hole.

... that said it'll probalby sell like hotcakes (seeing as how I don't really give a sh*t). To each their own, but to me the best thing about this camera is that it will cause the K20D prices (with roughly identical IQ and operating qualities for the way I shoot) to drop.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, PPSEL-IA                *
* Research Associate, Vibrations and Acoustics Laboratory               *
* Mechanical Engineering                                                *