Okay, I'm sold. But I probably won't be getting on the boat with the pilgrims this time.
Paul
On May 21, 2009, at 3:20 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM, paul stenquist
<pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

On May 20, 2009, at 10:45 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

In the OK1000 preview (from the blog at
<http://www.ok1000pentax.com/2009/05/pentax-k-7-hands-on-preview.html >),
Pentax Product Manager Chris Pound is quoted as saying:

"We think this will really appeal to K10D or *ist users, classic users,
 advanced amateurs or budget pros."

Sounds like they're not aiming to get K20D users to convert en masse. They're going for new users plus owners of older Pentax models who hadn't seen a compelling reason to go for the K20D. (That'd be me, for example,
although I was tempted by the higher ISO as well.)

That kind of thinking leads me to believe we may still see a higher spec K30D later this year. The K7 is nice, but it isn't the game changer that
some were predicting a few weeks ago.
Paul

I disagree, the K7 IS a gamechanger for Pentax. It's the first DSLR to
deliver both compact size and the build & performance of a semi-pro
body. Nobody else on the market has anything really similar (the D90
being arguably the closest, but it lacks the build, weather sealing,
SR, 100% finder and is larger than the K7).

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca