From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Joseph McAllister
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 3:27 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K20D as Scanner

I've done the same thing, Ken. It takes so long to scan a print or
negative on a scanner, but I've used (for general use - family photos,
etc) setting a print or Polaroid print on the bed of a copy stand; a
tripod and an old glass contact print frame; an old Saunders contact
sheet frame with the plastic torn off and Goo Gone cleaned (whew!).
These options take much less than a minute per setup, shot RAW, minor
corrections in Aperture, and I've been very pleased with the results,
from those Polaroids to 100 year old deckled edge prints.

On May 21, 2009, at 21:38 , Ken Waller wrote:

> The whole point was I wasn't going to purchase a flatbed scanner for
> a few prints! These reproductions totally exceeded my expectations.
>
> It would be interesting to see how these digital images from my K20D
> compare to those from a scanner.

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian

http://gallery.me.com/jomac