On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:14:00PM -0400, Matthew Miller scripsit:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:07:52PM -0400, Graydon wrote:
> > > OR, someone in the Graphic Arts department PhotoShopped a copy of the
> > > 'real' Lens Map to screw with (and bring out) the culprit who has been
> > > leaking stuff within Pentax's fold. That'd be my bet.
> > While that is certainly not impossible, the marketing department is not
> > likely to be happy at the prospect of having to explain they were only
> > joking, no one could possibly have believed that, what do you mean you
> > want one, about some if not all of those lenses.  So I don't think it's
> > obvious that it's fake.
>
> Why would it have to be Pentax's graphics department? Anyone could do it.
>
> *I* could do it.

Sure, anyone could do it.

But if the idea is to identify the leaker, you have to a)care, which
means you work for Pentax, b)have a pretty good idea who the leaker is
already ("it was one of these five guys" DOES NOT help in that kind of
situation), and c)be able to do something with the information.

If all you're trying to do is get egg on Rice High's face you would
presumably not care about any of that, but the "expose the leaker"
scenario requires that you *do* care about that, which means you're
working for Pentax, and hopefully have the wits God gave a gannet
concerning the sort of information you can safely fake leaking.

-- Graydon