On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 09:20:57PM +1000, Anthony Farr wrote:
> OTOH it's an interesting method of market research.  Just fly a few
> extravagent kites and see how much interest they arouse.  If the
> rumoured products are unpopular then the company merely disclaims
> them.

Yeah, although based on the forum posts, I think there's a lot of people who
want the f/1.0 lens because IN YOUR FACE CANON AND NIKON LOOOK AT HOW
AWESOMES PENTAX IS OUR CAMERA BRAND RULZE!!!!111!

And not because they'd actually spend the money to buy one.

As you point out, that might not be a horrible strategy after all -- as long
as Pentax is basically using it for advertising and sets their sales figures
appropriately.

--
Matthew Miller           mat...@mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>
The Definitive Pentax P-TTL Flash Model Guide: <http://pttl.mattdm.org/>