On Jun 10, 2009, at 2:05 AM, David Savage wrote:

Anyway, I've lost in the order of 20-30kg. This shot illustrates just
how successful I've been:

Good on you, I think it's great to get the fitness levels up and once you get into it it's surprising how quickly you start noticing a difference.

I haven't been biking much during the past year or so (except commuting) so I've recently taken up running. I won't be doing much biking while the tracks are wet over winter and I wanted some way to improve my fitness. Anyway I had to do something, I'm running a sports-related website so I really should set an example! Pity that website is half the reason why I have zero time for anything.

I learned the hard way to take it easy at the beginning but my leg muscles are sorting themselves out now. I pushed it out to 45 mins tonight (I usually do about 35) and felt quite good. I think I'm starting to get my old bike fitness back. I'm hoping to start running off-road on the hills (basically on the shared-use bike tracks) at some point.

Dave