> From: Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 07:41:45 -0800
> Subject: Re: Loading Film in LX [was: Didya miss me?]
>
> What difference does it make if the cap's on or off when loading the
> film?  So you expose a couple of frames of your foot, or the floor, or a
> wall ... I don't understand the need to have the cap on.

Shel - I typically have the lens cap on when loading film for the simple
reason that my grip on the camera during film loading is not the same as any
other time. The camera is more like cupped, lens surface down, in the palm
of my left hand while I do the magic-fingers bit with my right hand. I doubt
that I would actually smear body oils all over the front of the lens in the
process, but why mess with it? I put on the cap, turn the speed dial to 250
or so, load and advance the film, reset the speed dial, take the cap off,
and go on from there . . .

Stan