OK Yoshihiko, I'll accept this explanation from you and Dan (mostly
because I don't know any better myself and trust others on this).  But I
do wonder why I have only noticed it with the 43 and the 77.  At some
point, I would also like to see some sort of illustration showing what
spherical aberration looks like, if possible.  I've become intrigued by
it and way too interested in it for my own good.

I'm still considering buying an MZ-S, mainly so I can keep this 77
because I like it so much.  As I sell more stuff and actually get the
money, that decision might become even more difficult.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com

<SNIP>