Hi Ed,

On 6 Jan 2002 at 06:42:50 -0800 , Ed Mathews wrote:

> OK Yoshihiko, I'll accept this explanation from you and Dan (mostly
> because I don't know any better myself and trust others on this).  But I
> do wonder why I have only noticed it with the 43 and the 77.

I suppose it would be because they have much vignetting than
their counterparts for they were designed to be compact as
possible.   Think of their sizes !!  :^)

> At some point, I would also like to see some sort of illustration
> showing what spherical aberration looks like, if possible.

Spherical aberration brings some soft, or veiled, images like
Pentax soft lenses.   You can also see some sort of soft effect
by spherical aberration with K50/1.2, or A50/1.2, wide open in
the strong daylight.

> I'm still considering buying an MZ-S, mainly so I can keep this 77
> because I like it so much.  As I sell more stuff and actually get the
> money, that decision might become even more difficult.

I also do think the 77 Limited is really excellent and I love
mine.  :^)

Regards,
--
Yoshihiko Takinami