> Paul Stenquist [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
asked -
> Did anyone shoot film this weekend? <snip>
> Paul

        Actually I was going to take out the two newly skinned LXs, one with
color slide the other with b&w and just take some shots.  This plan was
slightly changed when I went to the Post Office Saturday morning to pick up
a package containing my fourth LX.  It is in great condition, a little
better than the one I got from Shel.

        So, I packed the four LXs and had the MZ-S in the bottom of the
Tamrac bag and headed to the store for a strap for the 'new' LX.  Had a nice
time hanging out there for a bit as it was slow.  I loaded up the 'new' LX
with slide film and the white cobra LX with b&w.  I had one hanging on each
shoulder.  One had the 77 Limited, the other the A24/2.8.  I didn't need a
bag as I carried an A50/1.4 in my jacket pocket.

        I ended up going to the old downtown area of Panama City.  They had
murals put up by the students of the various high schools.  From there it
was mostly the architecture and some of the colors represented by signs.
This place is not known for having a lot people walking around.  Definitely
one thing I miss about NYC.

        I found a neat place for lunch since the Jamaican restaurant is
closed until the 14th :-(  I went through the 26 exposures rather quickly
and did about 15 b&w.

        I found out that I definitely like the feel of the snake skin on the
LX.  Also I need to get another grip for the new LX.  It helps when hand
carrying the camera.

        It was cool out - about 60ºF/16ºC - but with a good wind blowing.
When I stepped into the restaurant to eat you could tell the temperature
change on the normal LX.  It felt a little slippery with the moisture.  The
snake skin LX felt fine, no change.  I think I will like the skinned LXs a
lot in terms of handling.

        My plans to go to one of the marinas and docks here yesterday were
shattered by the severe winds that took dropped the temperatures incredibly.
No sense in going out if I was not going to be comfortable shooting.  I do
plan to go this weekend though.

                        All in all, a pretty good photographic weekend,

                                        César Matamoros II
                                        Panama City, Florida