That's my poor writing, then. He wasn't expressing an interest in the
camera, he was making fun of it. Not that I give a damn what anyone thinks
about the camera, but it's not the way for a salesperson to approach a
customer.

People quite often ask about it. Just a couple of weeks ago a doorman in a
bookshop asked about it, and we had quite a long and pleasant conversation.
It's one thing to express a genuine interest, quite another what this guy
today was doing.

Bob