All right since everyone else is doing this I guess I'll chime in.

smc Pentax 17mm fisheye
smc Pentax A 24mm f2.8
smc Pentax FA 43mm f1.9 limited
smc Pentax M 50mm f1.4, or 55mm f1.8, (if I want to feel traditional)
smc Pentax M 85mm f2.0
smc Pentax 135mm f2.5
smc Pentax A* 300mm f4.0
vmc Vivitar Series 1 Solid Cat 600mm

I usually only carry the 24, 43, and 85 if I'm carrying primes.

J.C. O'Connell wrote:
How does this sound for a prime lens setup
from 18-300mm for Pentax DSLR?

18 - smck f3.5
28 - smck f3.5
50 - smcA f1.4
85 - smck f1.8
120- smck f2.8
180- tamron spif f2.5
300- smcA* f4.0

kinda expensive, not very light
or compact but workable. Just don't
wanna get the bag lost or stolen
for sure! I might wanna add a 14mm
later.

--
J.C. O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
Home Page - www.jchriso.com

The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or
drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn
fool, and he might possibly be a damned soul; but if he may not, he is not a
free man any more than a dog.

        --G. K. Chesterton