On Jul 25, 2009, at 13:13 , Scott Loveless wrote:

Lens Buying Addiction

LBA is one of the two required ingredients for a successful
enablement.  The other being money.  Some people like a dash of
encouragement in theirs, while others are simply content to top the
finished dish with a healthy dose of gloat.

OK. I won't gloat. Just a list.  :-)

Pentax SMC-P DA 14mm ƒ2.8 ED (IF)
Sigma  MC-A        15mm ƒ2.8 Fish-Eye
Pentax SMCP-A   15mm ƒ3.5
Pentax SMC-P      17mm ƒ4.0 Fish-Eye
Pentax SMCP-A   20mm ƒ2.8
Pentax SMCP-DA 21mm ƒ3.2  AL Limited (B)
Pentax SMCP-FA*24mm ƒ2.0                  < not yet replaced>
Pentax SMCP-A   24mm ƒ2.8
Pentax SMCP-A   28mm ƒ2.8
Pentax SMCP       28mm ƒ3.5 Shift
Pentax SMCP-F    28mm  ƒ2.8
Pentax SMCP-FA 31mm ƒ1.8 Limited (B)
Pentax SMCP-A   35mm ƒ2.0
Pentax SMCP-M   40mm ƒ2.8
Pentax SMCP-A   50mm ƒ1.4
Pentax SMCP-F    50mm ƒ1.7
Pentax SMCP-M   50mm ƒ2.0
Pentax SMCP-A   50mm ƒ2.8 Macro
Pentax SMCP-K   55mm ƒ1.8
Pentax SMCP-DA 70mm ƒ2.4 Limited
Pentax SMCP-FA 77mm ƒ1.8  Limited
Pentax SMCP       85mm ƒ2.2 Soft
Pentax SMCP-FA* 85mm ƒ1.4                    < not yet replaced>
Pentax SMCP-FA 100mm ƒ2.8 Macro        < not yet replaced>
Pentax SMCP-D FA 100mm ƒ2.8 Macro
Pentax SMCP-A* 135mm ƒ1.8 < not yet replaced><won't be>
Pentax SMCP-A   135mm ƒ2.8
Pentax SMCP       200mm ƒ2.5
Pentax SMCP-A   200mm ƒ4.0
Pentax SMCP-DA* 200mm ƒ2.8 ED (IF) SDM
Pentax SMCP-A* 300mm ƒ4.0
Tamron SP AF     300mm ƒ2.8 LD (IF)
Celestron 300mm ƒ5.6 SCT
Celestron 500mm  ƒ5.6 MTO
Sigma 600mm ƒ8.0 SCT
Meade 1000mm ƒ10.0 SCT
Celestron 2000mm ƒ10.0 SCT

My daily carry around lens has now become the DA*60-250 ƒ4.0, replacing the DA 18-250, for my daily sessions at the dog park. If I'm out and about for some other reason at some other time, I drag along:

DA 12-24
DA 21mm Ltd.
DA 31mm Ltd.
DA 70mm Ltd.
D FA 100mm Macro

and the 60-250 attached to the camera.

Otherwise, I take an appropriate kit for the intended.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

"Gaudeamus igitur, juvenes dum sumus..."
http://tinyurl.com/me52my